Useful WordPress security tips and tricks. In this day and age, there are many threats to watch out for. Including but not limited to; hackers, script kiddies, bots, viruses, malware, spammers, and black hat SEO techniques. With all that being said we can go a few steps beyond normal security. Below are a few tips and tricks to help with WordPress security efforts.
- Don’t allow use of WordPress’s file editor
- Don’t use the “wp_” prefix in your MySQL database. This is known exploit by hackers using SQL injection.
- Don’t use the username “admin”. This is half the login so think twice before using an exploited username.
- Keep core files up to date.
- Keep theme files up to date.
- Keep plugin files up to date.
- Use a very strong password.
- Use invisible reCaptcha for forms and logins.